Make a difference in someone's life!
We are proud of the outstanding contributions of our community volunteers who focus on the individual needs of our residents.
New volunteers are required to pass a background check and a tuberculosis screening, as well as go through volunteer orientation. We hold quarterly in-services for new volunteers as needed.
- It's a fun way to meet new friends
- It's a great way to learn about careers in health care
- Increase your skills in communication, leadership, and public speaking
- Flexible volunteer hours
- Valuable experiences and learn life lessons
You can make a difference in the lives of the residents, families, and in the community.
What can I do to help?
- Assist to and from an activity or beauty shop
- Join in
- Encourage and/or invite residents to activities
- Be a good listener
- Be patient
What are some of the activities?
Our Activities Department offers a wide variety of activities to meet the physical, social, mental, emotional, educational and spiritual needs of our residents 7 days a week. We strive to enrich our residents' lives, maintain their highest level of self-esteem and provide social interactions.
We have the following One-on-One activities:
- Hand massages
- Picture time
- Sensory stimulation
- Coffee break
- Pretty nails
- Assisting with mail
- Bird watching
We offer Small Group Activities:
- Cooking class
- Church service
- Sitting outdoors
- Snack and chat
- Men's club
- Red Hat Society
We also offer Group Activities:
- Request a song
- Special/guest performance
- Special meals
- Birthday parties
- Special social
- Peanut auction
- Breakfast buffet
- Flower arranging